Tornado Creative is a Los Angeles based, brand-building agency established in 1992. We position our clients through a process of strategic thinking and storytelling. Our creative team generates conceptual, memorable work that engages, connects and resonates in today’s fast changing and competitive marketplace.
The mother of all Kustom Kulture books is back in print! The Art of Von Dutch is a massive, 420-page, 5-color, coffee-table-bustin’, comprehensive catalog of the multi-faceted artist Kenneth “Von Dutch” Howard. This treasure-trove is packed with over 1,000 photos and illustrations, 15 essays, lots of amazing stories, and a detailed timeline documenting the artist’s life. To order, visit our online shop or call 310.202.1020.
The newly designed KCRW Media Center by architectural firm Clive Wilkinson was recently revealed to supporters on Saturday, December 2nd, 2017, at Santa Monica College’s satellite campus located on Stewart St. north of Olympic Blvd.
- I don’t know why they’re called Tornado. They’re fantastically fun, helpful, constructive, creative, and deliver the goods – which is not very tornadish if you ask me. Maybe they want to be dark and mysterious? Ok, I’ll give them that. Tornado - fonts of creativity on-demand AND, by the way, also super dark and mysterious.Lauren McMahonHBO
- It’s a special gift to work with a team who can take the tiniest seed of an idea or a vague sketch of an abstract concept and not just articulate it – but render something that feels like a refined giant step in your own thinking. Al and Jeff have a command of not just their craft, but a deep intuitiveness and sensitivity that confirms their commitment to each client and each project. That’s what fully engaged collaboration should feel like and that’s what they bring – every time.Lynell GeorgeJournalist, Writer & Photographer
- In working with Jeff and Al, I conjure a smile and good fun. You both bring such authenticity and good design to everything project I present to you. I am lucky, and the legacy of the Helms Bakery is superbly fortunate, to have Tornado on-board. Toot - toot!Walter Marks IIIWalter N. Marks, Inc.
- I've worked with Tornado for over 21 years now - first and Rhino and for the last five years at Shout! Factory. They continue to be our "go to" designers. They do top quality work in diverse styles and mediums - and are as comfortable with a '50s look as with a completely modern timeless approach. They are extremely committed to what they do and their attention to detail is consistently excellent.Garson FoosPresident, Shout Factory
- I've worked with Al and Jeff on about seven projects now, and keep coming back for more! They never fail to deliver beautiful work, the feedback I get on packaging is tremendous, not to mention they are the nicest people to work with.Richard ThompsonMusician Extraordinaire
- Tornado is an F5 on the design scale. Behind the scenes, a whirlwind of activity, leaving a wide range of beautiful work in its wake.Tommy SteeleCreative Director & Author