Tornado Creative is a Los Angeles based, brand-building agency established in 1992. We position our clients through a process of strategic thinking and storytelling. Our creative team generates conceptual, memorable work that engages, connects and resonates in today’s fast changing and competitive marketplace.
Gates of Gold is the latest release from one of East Los Angeles’ most iconic bands, Los Lobos. This group of guys has been performing and recording for over forty years, and we’ve had the pleasure of working with them for 15 of those, starting with the boxed set, El Cancionero: Mas y Mas.
The mother of all Kustom Kulture books is back in print! The Art of Von Dutch is a massive, 420-page, 5-color, coffee-table-bustin’, comprehensive catalog of the multi-faceted artist Kenneth “Von Dutch” Howard. This treasure-trove is packed with over 1,000 photos and illustrations, 15 essays, lots of amazing stories, and a detailed timeline documenting the artist’s life. To order, visit our online shop or call 310.202.1020.
- In working with Jeff and Al, I conjure a smile and good fun. You both bring such authenticity and good design to everything project I present to you. I am lucky, and the legacy of the Helms Bakery is superbly fortunate, to have Tornado on-board. Toot - toot!Walter Marks IIIWalter N. Marks, Inc.
- True talent, indisputable creative and unfaltering integrity, is what makes Tornado a world class leader. Jeff and Al have fostered a reputation based on their dedication, vision and genuine respect for their craft and their clients.Tiffany IinoDisney ABC Network Group
- Tornado is an F5 on the design scale. Behind the scenes, a whirlwind of activity, leaving a wide range of beautiful work in its wake.Tommy SteeleCreative Director & Author
- These days, anyone with a computer and some free fonts downloaded from the internet considers himself a designer. That's why I was excited to work with Tornado, because I wanted to work with real designers, people who knew what they were doing. The book they designed, Night of the Tiki, turned out beautifully. The attention to detail and the graphic ideas that Al and Jeff contributed made the book a real stand-out.Josh Agle (aka Shag)Artist
- I've worked with Tornado for over 21 years now - first and Rhino and for the last five years at Shout! Factory. They continue to be our "go to" designers. They do top quality work in diverse styles and mediums - and are as comfortable with a '50s look as with a completely modern timeless approach. They are extremely committed to what they do and their attention to detail is consistently excellent.Garson FoosPresident, Shout Factory
- I've worked with Al and Jeff on about seven projects now, and keep coming back for more! They never fail to deliver beautiful work, the feedback I get on packaging is tremendous, not to mention they are the nicest people to work with.Richard ThompsonMusician Extraordinaire